Monday, January 26, 2015

I went to the RMV today and it wasn't the worst part of my day

I feel like my life is full of complicated situations for no particular reason.

The RMV is horrible. Like it's really bad. It's filled with wooden benches, broken pens, and angry people. I actually had a pretty easy time today. I avoided eye contact with my road test administrator because he was an asshat but other than that it was a pretty okay time. I listened to music and took some selfies. I just really couldn't wait to get home and drive alone for the first time.

Well, because I was going to GET my license, I couldn't drive there. So I took a taxi there... Nice and easy.

So why was the following hour and a half AFTER I left the RMV so difficult?

Well the blizzard of the year had started. I called the taxi service and decided to hide out in Marshalls.

20 minutes pass, no taxi

I end up peeing, Marshalls has a pretty and spacious bathroom.

30 minutes pass, no taxi

I find a particularly interesting piece I consider getting for my best friend's birthday. I can't decide if it's ugly or not. I text her and her reaction leads to me to believe it is.

40 minutes pass, no taxi and I call to see why they aren't there. They say they'll be there in 5 minutes.

I wait outside, and take some more selfies because I was bored. I did my makeup, okay? I needed a new profile picture and I was bored. Plus, I wanted to make myself feel better about the terrible ID photo they chose. Seriously though why does EVERYONE look horrible on their ID? Do they do it on purpose?

It's starting to get dark and the town I was in is known for being a little sketchy. I check my phone, and it's about to die. I'm starting to get nervous... What if this happened???



1 hour mark, no taxi. I call to say my phone is about to die and to ask why the taxi wasn't here yet.

Another taxi from a different company pulls up, they won't take me because I don't have cash. My phone dies so I can't pay the company over the phone.

I start to think I'm in real trouble because the taxis from this particular company are not marked. How am I supposed to know now? They were supposed to call me. I could be getting in to a complete psycho's car now.

1 hour 15 minutes, I'm pacing around Marshalls, deciding if I should ask to use a phone and looking out the window to see if there was someone obviously waiting for a passenger. I decide to ask for help. None of the 5 people working up from speak fluent English. I have to explain why I have my license, don't have a car, have a dead phone, can't call a taxi, can't get in one because I don't have cash, and I don't know the number of the taxi service because it's on my dead phone. FIVE TIMES...

I finally order a new cab when I look out the window and..... My taxi is there. I get home, look at my car half covered in snow... And in defeat, accept I won't be able to drive alone for at least 3 or 4 more days. DAMN YOU SNOW!

This is my life, complicated but pretty humorous once you think about it.

Lots of love,
Samantha the fatulous

No comments:

Post a Comment