Sunday, February 15, 2015

Why 'Diary of a Mad Black Woman' will always be one of my favorite films.

This movie is so ridiculously strong with life lessons I don't even know where to start. The beginning? sounds good.

No matter how nice, good, or right you are... Sometimes people may treat you badly. Even though you don't deserve it.
 
Sometimes it's better to get out of a bad situation instead of fighting to fix something that's terrible for you.
 

 
Life continues when you're not looking... Not just to you, but to those you care about.
 

Sometimes grandparents are the best people to come to your aid. I wouldn't mess with my Grandmother when she's mad. Not even slightly irritated.

Some things are more important than money, like your dignity.
 
You can't blame every man for one asshole's wrongdoings.
 
"Orlando: Why you being so mean, woman?
Helen: Why you being so nice, man? "
 
 
Sometimes the right thing to do is the hardest. You can't enable someone forever.
 
 
You can't judge the offspring by the parent. They are their own person.
 
Maybe you shouldn't get involved with someone who is super involved in crime...

Maybe you shouldn't link your girl on the side to your banks accounts and put her in charge if you live or die. Because she may say 'fuck it' and steal your money.
 
" Do you see what you left me for? This is what you left me for. Look at it. She didn't give a damn about you Charles, she told them to let you die." Helen to Charles
 
"September 19th. Dear Diary, as I sit here thinking about picking up the pieces of what used to be my life, I realized something. Every room in this house holds a painful memory for me. Even though he's suffering, something somewhere in me wants him to suffer more. A few months and a divorce can take you through just as many emotions as 18 years in a marriage. And I'm starting to feel all of them at once. But the one that is clear is rage. Signed, a Mad Black Woman." Helen
 
 
Revenge may seem good at the time but...
 



TRUTH
 
It's okay to let go, feel love, and be happy again.
 
There are plenty of people out there that want to love, and be loved.
 
"I know you don't believe in fairy tales. But, if you did, I'd want to be your knight in shining armor. You've been through so much. I don't want to see you hurt anymore. Now I may not be able to give you all that your used to. But I do know I can love you past your pain. I don't want you to worry about anything. You just wake up in the morning, that's all you have to do and I'll take it from there. There's one condition. You have to be my wife." Orlando
 
 
And last, people CAN change. All you have to do is want it for yourself.
 
Lots of love,
Samantha the fatulous

No comments:

Post a Comment