Friday, February 6, 2015

The February Birchbox

I LOVE Birchbox. It's my favorite monthly club I'm a part of... And I'm a part of quite a few. It's only $10.00 a month and you receive around 5 products a month. Also, you can gain points that can go toward purchases if you review the products you receive. Not only that, but IF you choose to buy the products, say you ran out, each dollar is a point. 100 points is $10.00! It's pretty amazing.

This month has probably been my favorite box thus far. Birchbox is always trying to come up with new ways to improve the experience for their customers. They began offering two options in the beginning of each month. You can either choose an exclusive product for your monthly box, and have the rest be a surprise... Or you could choose the guest curated box. This month, Rent The Runway came and created genius. You may remember that a few posts ago I suggested my readers check out everything Rent the Runway has to offer... Well this is why haha!

First, they offered an amazing deal exclusively for birchbox subscribers:


 
That's HUGE! So excited. I'm hoping to score some couture for my sorority ball! Pumped.


Here's a first look at my five products. I immediately tweaked because there are products in here from companies that I've really wanted to try but haven't had in any of my boxes.
 
 
This was great for me because I hadn't showered yet oops. My first instinct is to ALWAYS smell the new products. It smells expensive, floral, but subtle. Maybe Cherry Blossom? It went on clear, and my hair looked and felt better after use. I would highly recommend this to a customer.
 
This company is up and coming. It's not just soap, each scent is meant to address day to day issues. This one is called 'The stuff that Cupid dips his arrows in (because sometimes fate needs an assist).' It's infused with pheromones which is supposed to attract people to you. This particular one smells like blackberry and vanilla. If you're intrigued but aren't sure you want to be infused with pheromones, check out their sampler set here.  They have some energizers, some sleep aids... Just check it out mmm kay?
 
 
 
I can't put my finger on the scent... It's like a dusty floral scent? Maybe wild flower?
I haven't tried it yet but it has great reviews, the company is highly respected and I kind of need it right now. When you get a face wax... Like I just did... You're likely to break out because the hair that usually catches some of the dirt is gone. So I'm excited!
 
 
 
I am obsessed with this company and I've wanted to buy this gloss so badly, but I waited and I'm so glad I did. HA 'the bomb' get it? I think it's cute going for the comic bombshell look. It smells like gummi bears in the best way. The problem with a lot of lip balms is that they don't hold up. They don't stick or stay or they clump up. This balm is strong in pigment and in formula. I put it on and knew it was going to stay put.
 
 
 
I'm more of a gel liner girl, if not a felt tip type of girl. THEN pencil then liquid. But as far as pencils go it's easy to put on and the color is rockin'. I don't know if you can tell but it's dark blue. I did the smudge test and the color stayed put which is super important as I'm sure you know. They definitely have some great colors you can't get anywhere else if you like to experiment considering the price point!
 
That's it for today... I hope I made you consider joining this club because I love it so much and I'd love to dish with you every month. If you are just click this link:
 
 
Lots of love,
Samantha the Fatulous
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment