Sunday, February 1, 2015

GNO

Girl's Night Out



Well, a sort of girls night out. It's more of a college friends night out. I got to see some of my favorite gentlemen last night as well.



I'm getting ahead of myself. So last night, there was a celebration at my alma mater for three of my sorority sisters, two in my family line.

It was a blast, I couldn't stop smiling. Sometimes you need to go where you've been to remember who you are. My friends and sisters made me feel good--even the ones I had never met as the sorority continues to grow.

I was laid off last year and between moving abruptly out of Boston and not having a license TILL A FEW DAYS AGO HOLLA!



Finding a job has been tough. For a while I refused to settle, I don't want to be in retail. I don't want to do something that will make me miserable. I was about to give up.

But no, after last night I have a new sense of knowing what I deserve. There was a reason I was hired straight out of college. I held 9 positions in three years while maintaining my grades and having a job. I held two full time positions while finishing an online class my last semester. I managed the design portion of the 2nd most popular store in our company in one of the most busy buildings in Boston.

Between the bombing and being laid off... The move and the lack of finding a new position I lost myself... Not my full self, but my spark. Don't let anyone dull your shine and hold on to who you are, because no one can be a greater you than you. And you have a lot to offer, even if you forget every once in a while.

I'm going out there and someone is going to see my spark. Maybe it all happened in this time line for a reason now that I can get around.

We will see, wish me luck!



Lots of love,
Samantha the fatulous

No comments:

Post a Comment