Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Wide Calf Boots and Where to Find Them

We have been pretty lucky thus far when it comes to lack of snow this winter. But lesbehonest--it's coming. We need to be ready. Now, it's easy to resort to UGGs: They're comfortable, they're easy, they're socially acceptable in New England. I'm not hating on them, they're awesome in my opinion. But there's more out there for you my curvy ladies!

Most boots cannot fit my calves. Many times, while I was working in the Prudential Center, I stopped in to a shoe store IN A DRESS to try and dance open legged into cute leather winter boots. Yes, I made a scene. I was basically doing the Tootsie Roll while making loud whimpering noises among Boston's wealthiest families.




This is why I enjoy online shopping so much. Trying things on in the comfort of your home is so much better. Also, you can (and should) measure yourself before you order. Every site has a size chart. Pull it up and measure yourself--easy peasy.  The same rules apply to the miracle known as wide calf boots. I will show you a few great options so you can avoid the tootsie roll. Unless you're doing it on purpose then have at it.

Avenue, Reece Stretch Back Riding Boot, ON SALE for $50.00

Avenue has a large selection of wide calf boots. This particular pair has a stretch but firm backing AND zips up the side. They're easy to put on so no tootsie roll! Oh and it comes in two colors.

















Nordstrom, Total Motion Suede Boot, on sale for $179.90



This is a gorgeous boot. There's a stretch backing, a zipper up the side, and a mini wedge. The suede is glorious. I love this boot and I must move on from it.















Jessica London, Suede fringe boot


I always admired people who can pull these off. Maybe I should follow my own advice and take a risk, eh? Well I didn't add a price because there's a range depending on what you buy AND it's on sale. Too confusing. This boot comes in four colors and zips up the side. I dig it!















I haven't decided whether or not I will be writing tomorrow as it's Christmas yayyyy. To those who celebrate and to those who don't--I hope you have a very special day. I personally have four houses to go to so I will be dancing to some Christmas tunes and having a jolly ol' time.

Till next time

Lots of love,
Samantha the Fatulous

No comments:

Post a Comment