Monday, December 22, 2014

Power to the Peplum

Hello there beautiful and fantastic readers! I hear many high end sources calling the peplum look a fad. I truly and honestly hope they are wrong. I believe that having at least one peplum shirt is essential to the plus sized ladies' closet. In New England, with limited plus size options, it's easy to be boxy on a regular basis. Looks that work for some sizes just don't work for others... And ladies we should not hide what we have! Be proud of your curves and learn to accentuate yourself in all the right places!




So why am I pro peplum? Well it creates an easy hourglass even if you don't have one. The seam in the center draws attention to the small of the waist while the flare at the bottom creates gorgeous hip action. Soon, once I can convince people to take pictures of me in my own samples, I will be using real examples I own. Till then I will show you some great samples from some of my favorite websites!
This beauty is from ASOS CURVE right now, and it's HALF OFF! I personally think that the half sleeve is more flattering than the regular T-shirt cut. Also it comes in two different colors and can easily go from day to night!


 Mixed media is in right now, and we all know that New Englanders love their black! So you can check out this whole outfit at Eloquii, which is also having a killer sale for the holidays! This look is great for going out or generally wanting to own your badassery. I love it.
This look is from Ashley Stewart. The velvet top could be mixed with jeans for a more casual look. Peplums really could do any occasion. However, if you're worried about this mesh top, try out Lane Bryant's multi way bra which actually goes strapless. I have an H cup, yes, an H cup and I swear by this bra. I often go strapless! You have no excuse. TRY IT!

That's it for today dolls, remember you are beautiful and deserve to feel that way! Express yourself, find things that make you feel good and rock it! If you try a Peplum toseep and hate it feel free to send it to me!


Lots of Love,
Samantha the Fatulous


**Please note I am not compensated for the clothes I have recommended.**

No comments:

Post a Comment