Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Interview Advice

All y'all youngin's who read my blog... HEED MY WARNING

1. Be sure of your plans.

When I first made plans for this interview, it was for Friday at 1:30. They had to reschedule for this morning... For some reason that it didn't click that it was at a different time. Luckily I woke up at 7 for no particular reason and reread the e-mail to double check. Turns out it was planned for 10:30. I immediately jumped out of bed and rushed to the shower.




2. Always lay your outfit out the night before.

So I blow dried and did all the prep things... Then looked for my outfit. The bottom to my suit was nowhere to be found. I tore my whole apartment apart and found nothing. So I went to my plan B... A suit with flowers on it. It didn't feel right so I quickly changed into a skirt and tights and wore the top of my suit.


3. Always leave two hours before your interview if you don't know exactly where you are going.

I did this for traffic reasons... Just in case. Luckily, there was no traffic... At all! I arrived with an hour and a half to spare. So I pull up to the entrance of the location I applied to--wrong entrance. They said I just had to follow the road and couldn't miss it. The road came to an end and I saw no entrance. I drove back and forth till I pulled over to ask a different entrance where the correct entrance was. Turns out I had to take two rights after the road ends. So I get to the entrance and at this point I'm like


With only 45 minutes to spare. I had to get a guest pass, so I park my car and walk into a reasonable line. No problem. I ask if the building I was looking for was easy to find... They say yes. Good news! I planned to do my makeup in my spare time. So I get my pass and I finally drive on location. Not only can I not find the building but I can't make sense of the number system. I felt like this:

 
 
 
So I look at the clock and next thing I knew I had 12 minutes till my interview. I talked to the closest person I could find and I was like:
 
 

Luckily I was extremely close to the building. So I look for parking... None! NONE! So... I sort of made a spot behind other people who clearly also made some impromptu spots. 8 minutes till the interview I changed shoes and ran toward the building. I went to the general location of the office, and I couldn't find anyone so I was like:

I soon found a very nice woman who showed me where to go. At this point my phone was off but I'm pretty sure I made it... Which brings me to my next word of advice.

4. Shake off whatever happened prior to you being there because it's your time to make it or break it!




I'm not going to say where this place is, because I don't want to jinx it. Keep your fingers crossed for me because the place I applied to seems really nice... Just a really great atmosphere! I hope I hope I hope!

Lots of love,
Samantha the Fatulous

No comments:

Post a Comment