Wednesday, July 8, 2015

An Eye For An Eye

Hey readers!

Been thinking over my last post... A question I received was... Why don't you hate this person for treating you this way?

My question back, what good does that do?

Hating someone just because they don't like you solves nothing. To quote my all time favorite movie, Diary of a Mad Black Woman (You should totally watch it),

"When somebody hurts you they take power over you, if you don't forgive them then they keeps the power. Forgive him baby and after you forgive him, forgive yourself. "

I don't like how this person views me. Hating her for it only reinforces her opinion of me.

I am a nice person. I believe it's better to make the best out of difficult situations. I'd rather laugh then cry when I'm frustrated. I'm willing to give chances after chances because I understand being frustrated. I understand being human. 

I also understand that people view things differently than I do. I cannot expect the same courtesy in return. 

The only thing I can really do is prove her wrong by continuing to be me. I'm eccentric, I like being happy... If people think I'm being fake because of all this, fine. But I know I'm being true to myself. Life it too short.

You don't have control of other people and how they perceive you... In the end you can only do so much... But you better damn try to be your best self--for you.

Just something to think about.

Best,
Samantha the thoughtful

No comments:

Post a Comment